Do you feel shy about coming to an open class and feeling like you're the only one who knows nothing about yoga? Then this beginners series is for you!
Through cultivating inner awareness and identifying areas of the body that feel tight and restricted, the student learns to release and open. This class will focus on postures that improve mobility and flexibility throughout the chest, shoulders, and hips with the use of bolsters and blankets as props. Instructors Mona & Kate will be using traditional beginner's level postures to build your body awareness and mobility in a supportive and caring setting.
Students will experience:
- How to use yoga props to practice supported poses (asanas) and basic breath practices (pranayama)
- A series of supported poses (asanas) that help open and expand the chest to improve posture and breathing
- Supported postures (asanas) to release the muscles of the spine
- Stress relieving breath and posture practice flows
- Basic yoga terms and definitions This class will prepare you with a foundation for all future yoga classes whether at our studio or elsewhere.
Classes are held every Tuesday from September 13th - November 1st.
For more info and to sign up, click here.